Book by Elvira DiBrigit
Do you want to know more about why and how your local farmer
makes a living off the land?
Here is an easily accessible book of interviews that features fifteen farmers, each with different agricultural methods and business models.
From conventional to organic, Permaculture to Big Ag, from wholesale to mail-order, from single crop to wide product diversity, this little book covers them all.
Why We Farm is a book for people who want to know the whole truth about life as a modern day farmer. Farmers share the stories behind their work and their lives on the farm; the business side of production, the personal challenges they face, and offer words of advice for the would-be-farmer. DiBrigit asks hard questions and gives a reverent yet realistic picture of a thriving local food system.
Foreword by Craig McNamara – President, CA State Board of Food & Agriculture
Purchase with these links
- Meet the young woman who started her own farm with just $6,000.
- Learn how one farmer makes a living from a one-acre crop.
- Find out how four partners turned their desire to make a positive impact on the world into a thriving, multi-generational business.
- Read about people who chose to start farming in their retirement.
- See how livestock ranchers are adopting ecologically beneficial methods.
- Includes sidebars with useful information for new farmers!